lunes, 23 de noviembre de 2015

Virginia Vargas, Sociologist

Virginia Vargas is a Peruvian sociologist specialized in political science and feminism. She is an active feminist activist. She founded the Center for Peruvian Women Flora Tristan in 1978, and she is representative of the Feminist Articulation South Marco. Virginia is one of the most recognized Latin American feminists, because he has written several articles and books on gender, politics, multiculturalism and development. I admire her work, I value her theoretical and practical work and her struggle to make visible and eradicate violence against women, postulating democratic strategies in Latin America. My favorite book by Virginia is "Changing the world without getting lost: the women's movement in Peru and Latin America" (1992).

In the future after I graduate in sociology, I would do studies from a feminist perspective, however, I do not know if I specialize in the subject, as there are many other things I would like to study, as the sociology of art, multiculturalism, politics and even economics. But surely the works of Virgia Vargas will inspire my future work.

5 comentarios: